Select to have links open in new windows

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Wasting votes while people die


I can't let this day go by without adding my outrage to the chorus of progressive outrage at the Democrats in the Senate who voted to go along with a GOP talking point condemning a damn newspaper ad. That it even came to the floor in a Democratically controlled Senate is beyond me. That any Democrat would vote for it astounds me.

I understand not liking or agreeing with the ad, fine, speak out, issue a press release, cry to FOX News, do a fuckin' dance for all I care, but in the end this was about more than an ad. It was about Republican hypocrisy. It was about freedom of expression. It was about standing up to a president and a party that has nothing but contempt for Democrats, liberals, and progressives alike. And the Democrats caved, again.

Libby has more.